Sober Living Home is an alcohol and drug free living environment for men attempting to maintain abstinence from alcohol and drugs. The Resident Manager is responsible for management of the community, performing security/ safety checks, responding to emergencies and assisting with recruitment of tenants. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage residential community, providing on-site coverage, and leadership modeling responsible recovery behaviors.
- Patrols buildings and/or grounds to assure safety, custodial care, discipline, surveillance of tenants and security of property, buildings, and equipment areas (e.g. checks for fires, damage, loss, theft, equipment malfunctions, locks and unlocks doors when required)
- Observes, investigates abnormal situations, report findings, takes action as appropriate to job role.
- Performs related security and safety functions (e.g. screens and checks personnel entering and leaving premises; monitors, assists in controlling residents by intervening
- Responds to emergencies and prevents incidents, which threaten safety or security of facility, staff, tenants, or general public by intervening when conflict occurs to de-escalate (e.g. utilize verbal prevention strategies and approved physical fight break up techniques)
- Assist with recruitment of potential tenants, observation and evaluation of applicants as tenants in the recovery home.Maintain communication and positive relationships with referral sources.
- Assists associate director in collection of rents.
- Assist tenants and peers in making decisions utilizing appropriate tenant supervision techniques.
- Recognizes behavior changes and monitors tenants location
The above job functions are intended to describe the general nature of the position. The detailed position description will give more specific detail on duties and responsibilities. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent combination of experience and training Performing various record keeping duties Resolving conflicts/crisis or unusual incidents in an open, effective and timely manner utilizing appropriate crisis intervention and prevention skills. A valid driver’s license and current auto insurance will be required
JOB SPECIFIC RECQUIRMENTS:
- Completes and provides accurate and timely documentation (incident reports, log entries, etc.) and related record keeping duties
- Reports and receives reports regarding safety violations and any other unusual conditions and conducts and/or assists in conducting of investigations (e.g. contraband incidents)
- Communicates key information in a timely manner.
- Answer telephones
- Answer questions/inquiries
- Maintain accurate records
- Flexibility with schedule and driving
Duties and additional experience or requirements may vary by position. To perform this job successfully, as individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required, but do not encompass all potential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Talbert House employs, promotes and contracts without regards to race, gender, color, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, sex, religion, or genetic information. Talbert House is an EO/AA Employer/M/F/Protected Vet/Disabled & an equal provider of services. AGENCY DESCRIPTION Talbert House is a community-wide nonprofit network of social services with programs focusing on prevention, assessment, treatment and reintegration. Each year, Talbert House helps thousands of men, women and children across Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky overcome adversity to become healthy and productive citizens through programs in community corrections, mental health, substance abuse and welfare-to-work
Location/Region: Cincinnati, OH