EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that seeks to motivate, to inspire, and to provide growth opportunities to its employees. If you are looking to join a team like ours, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Description of role:
The Customer Account Specialist (CAS) provides technical support assistance to internal and external customers. Using various problem identification skills, the CAS diagnoses problems, identifies solutions, and drives issues to resolution. The CAS must work with other internal organizations to communicate, prioritise, and advocate on behalf of the customer. The CAS is the primary technical support contact for clients in his/her territory. By providing exceptional technical support and setup assistance, they ensure the client experiences timely and thorough support for EBSCO’s SaaS products.
- Answer customers’ questions, both technical and service related, and resolve concerns in a timely manner (within 24 hours whenever possible) via telephone, or e-mail communication
- Make proactive contact with target customers on regular basis. Provide support for both target and non-target customer accounts as needed.
- Update target accounts about upcoming product releases.
- Using industry standard troubleshooting methods, resolve technical concerns
- Advocate on behalf of target customers for technical issues, product enhancements and defects.
- Provide virtual training as necessary.
- Act as liaison between customer and internal groups as necessary.
- Ensure all customer communication and activities are logged.
- Generate FAQ’s for our customer knowledge base.
- Understand products serviced and systems used.
Required experience, skills and qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a technical support role;
- Understanding of supporting online products and/or computers;
- Fluent in both English and German at a technical level;
- Knowledge of CSS scripting and Html coding;
- Proven troubleshooting experience;
- Strong customer service focus;
- Excellent communicator;
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy of work;
- Problem solver and able to use own initiative;
- Responsive and quick to learn and update knowledge;
- Team player;
- Self-starter and able to manage and prioritise own workload;
- A formal IT qualification would be desirable;
Desirable experience, skills and qualifications:
- Fluent in Dutch or another European Language;
- Experience of maintenance of Saas Products;
- Experience of working with Library Services;
- Knowledge of authentication systems;
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA