Full-Time Site Controls Specialist
Establish and maintain all Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) systems. Develop and execute technical training plans for PLC systems. Provide support for installation, calibration and troubleshooting of PLC and control loops. Provide design engineering and technical support for electrical and controls systems. Manage controls projects, both capital and general.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Program PLC controls, including PID loops and Special
2. Utilize electrical expertise to troubleshoot PLCs (software &
hardware) and instrument control loops.
3. Provide training and development to Maintenance Mechanics
in plant control systems.
4. Maintain and troubleshoot network and controls systems, both
instrumentation and programming.
5. Lay-out and design of electrical and process control systems.
6. Commission, calibrate, and troubleshoot electronic equipment
at an industrial level.
7. Supervise the installation of instrument loops.
8. Serve as 1 of 2 site controls point of contact.
9. Develop, implement, and maintain control projects.
10. Conform to all safety regulations.
11. Maintain a clean and safe work area.
12. Comply with safety, environmental, and quality requirements
established by external and internal regulations.
13. Work in close union with the Day Shift Controls Specialist
ensuring clear, effective, and accurate controls work flow from
shift-to-shift utilizing all forms of communication.
14. Effectively communicate across departments and with all
levels of management and employees.
15. Initiate communications with national, OEM, or vendor experts
16. Take calls or texts from plant personnel during off-hours when
needs arise; may be required to come in during off-hours.
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements:
1. 3-5 yrs experience in managing and programming plant
process controls in a manufacturing environment.
2. 3-5 yrs experience in PLC programming and variable
3. Experienced with Allen Bradley PLCs.
4. Experienced with Wonderware software.
5. Experienced and skilled in the installation, calibration, set-up,
and testing of PLCs and instrument control loops.
6. Ability to learn and implements new PLC and instrumentation
7. Experienced and skilled in computer network troubleshooting
8. Experienced with HMI programming and configuration.
9. Passing score on the Controls Fundamentals test.
10. Proficient in reading and interpreting technical manuals.
11. Read and interpret electrical wiring diagrams and blueprints.
12. Experience with project management; positive interface with
suppliers and vendors.
13. Able to carry out plant project scope and intent through the
execution of details.
14. Demonstration of time management skills to balance multiple
15. Able to work effectively in a team environment.
1. 2 yr Electrical Engineering degree and/or current LME or
Journeyman Electrical License.
2. Successful experience in developing training systems and
providing training to others.
3. Involvement in a professional trade group.
The Site Controls Specialist is a full-time position that troubleshoots issues, repair failures of production and facilities equipment, and ensures maximum equipment efficiency, effectiveness and reliability. Site Controls Specialist's hours of work vary by assigned location. This position offers a competitive base pay plus incentives which includes health care benefits, retirement and savings benefits such as pension, 401(k) and much more.
How to Apply: While we welcome your interest in our position on Indeed, in order to be considered an applicant and/or candidate for this position, you MUST fill out an official application on our website using a laptop or desktop computer. Please copy and paste this link into your web browser to get started:
Mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets are not supported at this time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo (Frito Lay) is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
At Frito-Lay, we are all about good fun from making tasty snacks to get your party started to taking care of our 50,000 employees who know how to find the fun in everyday challenges. As a proud member of the PepsiCo family, Performance with Purpose is what we work to achieve every day. And to us, that means creating the high-quality snacks our fans deserve, while caring for our people, communities and the environment we share.
Join our team today!