Principal Cyber Security Engineer
Parsons is looking for Cyber Security Engineer with experience in the DoD Risk Management Framework process for information systems. The selected candidates will support the design, analysis, development, configuration, testing, training, securing and auditing of Parsons developed software, Linux operating systems, and VMWare Virtual environments. Parsons is focused on providing our customers with expertise in the areas of computer security, information technology, information assurance and computer networking to develop and deploy state of the art capabilities. This project provides a unique opportunity to join a team that is focused on developing and securing superior products while encouraging the career growth of its members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Cybersecurity Lead in planning, executing, and monitoring the six-step risk management framework (RMF) process for information systems (IS).
- Assists in defining the authorization boundary of the IS.
- Analyzes the IS and recommends categorization levels in accordance with NIST and CNSSI requirements.
- Prepares, maintains, and updates the system security plan.
- Assists in creation of the initial security control baseline, identifying common and hybrid controls, applying overlays, and tailoring.
- Prepares, maintains, and updates the continuous monitoring strategy.
- Configuration scanning to validate system configuration.
- Application of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guides (SRGs).
- Identification of vulnerabilities and application of patches.
- Preparation, maintenance, and updating of security control policies and procedures and assists in creation of select policies and procedures, as required.
- Prepares, maintains, and updates the plan of action and milestones (POA&M).
- Prepares teams for security control assessments.
- System Administration of Red Hat Linux, and VMWare VSphere / ESXi systems.
- BA or BS in Information Technology, System Administration, or Computer Security Engineering degree
- 10+ years of work experience and 3+ years of RMF experience
- Current or active TS and be eligible for SCI
- IAT Level II certified
- All candidates must have an active TS security clearance
- U.S. Citizen
- Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) or successful completion of “RMF for DoD IT” course
- Experience applying STIGs and SRGs
- Experience using ACAS, Red Hat Satellite, VROM, or Fortify
- IAT Level III certified
Location/Region: Centreville, VA