Biology Laboratory Technician II
Parsons is currently seeking a Biology Laboratory Technician Level II to join the malaria vaccine team.
A biology technician II level performs experiments to aid biological researchers in their duties and to assist with maintenance of laboratory supplies/equipment. A bachelor's degree in a biology-type field plus a minimum of two years practical laboratory experience or a recent master’s degree is required.
Perform experiments in support of laboratory activities and evaluate immune responses from vaccinated animals.
Laboratory activities include small animal handling, sample collections, sample preparation, solution preparation, performance of antibody assays (ELISA or luminex, including isotyping and avidity assays) and/or cellular assays (ELISpot, flow cytometry and/or cytokine detection using multiplex methods) with appropriate sterile techniques.
Support general laboratory management, such as supply inventory, waste disposal and laboratory cleanliness, including storage units such as refrigerators, freezers, and incubators.
Assist in maintaining frozen sample inventories.
· University Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Biology degree preferred) and a minimum of two (2) years laboratory experience or a recent Master’s degree.
· Knowledge of general laboratory sterile technique.
· Willingness to work with small animals.
· Team player with excellent communication and strong inter-personal skills.
· Good documentation abilities.
· Desire to learn.
· Systematic and organized approach to time management.
· Detail-oriented work ethic.
Desired but not required:
· Experience working with quality systems and SOPs.
· Background in assay development and optimization.
· Experience in protein isolation from E. coli.
· Familiarity with molecular biology techniques, such as PCR and plasmid preparations.
Location/Region: Silver Spring, MD