At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation’s first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Additional Facts: • Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
• Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
• Named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” since 2010
• 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission’s list of top performers on key quality measures. Summary of Duties: The Senior Network Engineer VOIP provides complex, high level technical knowledge and support for the installed VoIP and network infrastructure. Responsible for the most complex testing and analysis of all elements of the VoIP network facilities (including software, servers, circuits, routers, voice gateways and end user devices). Monitors and controls the performance and status of the network resources. Utilizes software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting network performance. Will function in a lead capacity within the department. The Senior Network Engineer VOIP provides guidance and direction for less-experienced Network Engineers and Telecom Analysts.
The Senior Network Engineer VOIP provides support for complex issues for the installed VoIP and network infrastructure for key business services, resolving more complex issues to higher levels. Interfaces and confers directly with users at various levels to maximize availability of the VoIP and network systems regarding operating problems. Performs routine troubleshooting of QOS vs. non QOS issues. Supports Unified Communications Manager deployments as needed. Identifies alternative courses of action. Assists lower level resources in securing resources and services necessary to resolve problems. Creates procedures for supporting business service applications, routers, switches, servers, circuits and other computer hardware infrastructure. Applies technical skills and procedures appropriate for the position. Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
• Provides support of Division VoIP applications.
• Proficient regarding the issues involved with maintaining division infrastructure, including VoIP and network connectivity, supports Voicemail (Unity Connection), Call handlers and call-routing, toll fraud prevention, transfer to greeting vs. transfer to extension and others as needed. Understands the issues involved in maintaining corporate LAN/WAN.
• Provide network systems support for production problems as they relate to the performance and availability of key business services, the supporting servers, and network infrastructure.
• Ability to analyze complex production problems and select corrective action.
• Monitors performance of Wide Area Networks, Local Area Networks, and supporting hardware, including routers, switches, servers, and circuits for network failures.
• Researches error messages and uses analytical and problem solving skills to take necessary corrective actions. High-level knowledge of key business services, supporting hardware and software infrastructure, supported network systems, utilities, routers, switches, network topologies, and knowledge in the following areas (LAN QOS and VLAN based QOS , WAN QOS challenges including Metro-E, MPLS , rou-patterns, route groups and route lists and distributed dial-plans.
• Assists in recovery by communicating with Application Development, Technical Support personnel.
• Creates and maintains problem documentation and actions taken.
• Performs on-call job-related duties as assigned.
• Guide, train, instruct, and assists others at peer or lower levels on straightforward technical issues.
• Adheres to and supports HCA IT&S standards, policies and procedures.
• Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of patient care and employee information.
• Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Problem solving – Gathers and analyzes information skillfully, identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
• Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar, responds well to questions, participates in meetings
• Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations, responds promptly to customer’s needs; responds to requests for service and assistance
. Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently
• Dependability – Takes responsibility for own actions, responds to management direction, keeps commitments
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure
• Adaptability – Adapts to change, manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit situation; Able to deal with delays, or unexpected events.
• Strong troubleshooting skills and a bit-level understanding of core networking technologies
• Must possess proficient knowledge regarding network design and the different protocols including Cisco Voice over IP Telephony and other technology environments.
• Must possess considerable knowledge and expertise in operating systems, and support function software
• College graduate preferred Experience:
• Experience in an enterprise level Cisco VoIP environment
• Strong telecommunications background 3+ years experience with data networking technologies
Certification/Licensure: CCNA required, CCNP preferred.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations. Some travel may be required.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA (US)