This position works closely with Product Managers and Design Engineers. The student will work in the development lab and in the product engineering offices. There is day to day interface with engineers and the candidate will gain a practical understanding of the product development process from product inception to production release.Responsibilities
- Orientation: Assist laboratory personnel in the engineering performance and reliability test labs for four weeks to gain an understanding of our products, procedures and test methods.
- Develop, evaluate and document new designs, cost and quality improvements under the supervision of a product manager or design engineer.
- Participate in project team meetings and design reviews.
- Interface with purchasing, quality, service, marketing and manufacturing personnel, and outside suppliers to develop new products and solve problems on existing products.
- Help coordinate and provide factory support for pilot runs of new designs.
- Provide factory support for our existing products.
- Assist design engineers with the analysis of failed parts from manufacturing, internal test and field returns.
- Assist design engineers with the generation of test lab orders, model shop and CAD work orders, change notices, and purchase requisitions.
- Utilize CAD, laboratory and model shop resources.
- Generate solid models and drawings for new and modified parts using Pro/Engineer CAD software.
- Perform product testing using established test procedures. Data acquisition and report generation is required.
- Monitor field and reliability tests of new designs.
- Offer hands-on support without hesitation.
Skills and Abilities:
- Candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills and must be a team player.
- Pro/Engineering and Microsoft Office training/experience is a plus.
- Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology and have completed their sophomore year by the start of the co-op.
- Position involves sitting long periods, standing, manual dexterity, stooping, bending and minimal lifting.
Alliance Laundry Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and persons of all Sexual Orientations and Gender Identities.ID
Location/Region: Ripon, WI