Superintendent of Schools, Bristol Borough School District
The Board of School Directors for the Bristol Borough School District, of Bucks County, Pennsylvania, is seeking an experienced, student-centered, highly qualified leader to fill the position of Superintendent of Schools. Applications must be submitted on or before Monday February 18, 2019, with the successful candidate to start on August 1, 2019.
We are seeking a Superintendent of Schools who will embrace, drive, and expand the vision and mission of the district to ensure Bristol Borough’s excellence in education for all students.
The Bristol Borough School District is dedicated to providing our students with the tools and supports they need to maximize their growth and development, both educationally and personally. With a safe, welcoming, nurturing, and respectful, community-oriented environment, we are able to offer a student-centered approach to education and excellent working environment for our staff.
Established in 1681, Bristol Borough is a small, beautiful, historic community located 22 miles north of Philadelphia and bordered on the southeast by the scenic Delaware River. The School District proudly supports a student population of 1,312 with 786 of these in our Snyder-Girotti Elementary School for pre-K to grade 6. The middle school has 226 students in grades 7 to 8, and the high school has 300 in grades 9-12, with these two schools conveniently located on a joint campus.
The School District employs a staff of 174, with a current budget of $24,101,701, all dedicated to our long and proud tradition of providing an excellent education to best prepare our students for their future growth and success.
- PA Letter of Eligibility
- A demonstrated record of educational leadership
- Excellent academic credentials (Doctorate preferred)
- Strong management and financial skills
- Curriculum and instructional experience at all levels of education
- Engagement - The Superintendent will proudly welcome every opportunity to cultivate strong ties with our community, staff, and students at district and community events. Using strategic, proactive communications, and excellent relationship building skills, he/she will continually work to uphold a vibrant, positive, and inclusive school culture.
- Communications - The communication style of the Superintendent should encourage new ideas and constructive discussions from the community, staff, and students. All communications and information should be strongly grounded in honesty and transparency.
- Leadership - Our superintendent needs to be innovative, risk-tolerant, and committed to the long-term success of the district. The successful candidate will support and empower the leadership team, while working with parents and students to advance the District’s mission.
- Continuous Improvement - Understanding the complexities of leading a small school district is critical to the success of our Superintendent. The selected candidate will need to have a commitment to continuous improvement in academics, safety, diversity, operations, and finance.
Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience, as it directly relates to the Superintendent’s responsibilities and position requirements.
A letter of inquiry, resume, transcripts, university credentials, Act 24 (PDE Form 6004), Act 34, Act 114, Act 151 clearances, and PA Health Form and TB Test should be included with the on-line application.
Location/Region: Superintendent of Schools, Bristol Borough School District