Advocacy & Prevention Coordinator Position Job
This position will advocate for and support students who have
experienced sex discrimination, including sexual assault, rape,
intimate partner violence, stalking, and sexual harassment, as well
as their families and friends. This position will also support
Xavier’s sex discrimination and gender-based violence prevention
- Provide confidential crisis intervention, information, support,
and campus and community referral services to students experiencing
sex discrimination and gender-based violence.
- Assist student to understand and access medical, legal, safety,
Title IX, academic, employment, and mental health rights, options,
and resources; provide accompaniment to and support for students
accessing range of options and services.
- Collaborate with campus partners on behalf of the student to
meet various identified needs related to safety, housing,
employment, academic, and other support.
- Provide regular training to students, faculty, and staff on
availability and scope of advocacy services.
- Serve as a confidential resource at University events and
programs addressing gender-based violence.
- Ensure advocacy services are culturally aware and inclusive to
the needs of all students.
- Maintain strong professional knowledge base including relevant
theory, research, and best practices related to trauma, advocacy,
- Ensure compliance with University policies as well as federal,
state, and local legal requirements, and applicable
- Develop and maintain effective, collaborative partnerships with
campus departments and key community agencies, including, but not
limited to Women Helping Women, YWCA, Cincinnati Police, Norwood
Police, and Prosecutor’s Office, to assist in advocacy and
- Serve on and support relevant campus collaborations, including
Center for Diversity and Inclusion staff and student clubs to
integrate culturally relevant advocacy into leadership trainings
and general body meetings.
- Maintain documentation of advocacy services and provide
appropriate reporting to key Xavier officials as necessary.
- Keep current on assessment, evaluation, and research
methodologies, especially related to learning outcomes, learning
environment, and program evaluations related to advocacy and
- Complete regular Clery Act, Title IX, and student conduct
- Establish and manage, including recruitment, training, and
supervision, a peer advocacy program.
- Manage and supervise Xavier’s gender-based violence prevention
peer education program.
- Assist in development, facilitation, and evaluation of
campus-wide, evidence-based primary prevention programming on
- Prepare administrative reports documenting outreach and
prevention efforts and efficacy.
- Participate in relevant University and community programs,
initiatives, committees, and task forces as needed.
- Supervise a graduate student.
Required Qualification and Experience
- Masters in gender/women studies, social work, psychology,
health education, counseling or related field.
- 1-3 years’ experience.
To ensure consideration, interested/qualified applicants must
submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information
of three professional references on Xavier University’s website
by January 28, 2019.
XAVIER UNIVERSITY IS AN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Location/Region: Cincinnati, OH (US - 45207)