OCCU is looking for a methodical Market Research & Insights Strategist to provide cutting-edge insight to drive the Credit Union forward with data-driven decision making. The successful market researcher will be able to autonomously analyze quantitative and qualitative data, trends, strategies and competitive research aimed at increasing competitiveness and member loyalty. The seasoned strategist will take a consultative approach, working cross-functionally with business line leads to support strategic initiatives and help lead the organization’s third-party research partners. If you have matching experience and want to work for a local credit union consider applying today.
As a not-for-profit financial institution, we strive to provide remarkable value and unparalleled personal guidance with every interaction. We focus on member service, community involvement and providing value to our more than 150,000 members with every decision we make. In exchange for high levels of work performance, dedication and innovative thinking, we are committed to providing our employees with a challenging, fun, open and engaging work environment that motivates them to stay with us over the long haul. Benefits include a robust 401(k) program with employer match after 6 months; medical, vision and dental coverage that start the month after hire; life insurance and much more.
Location: Eugene, OR
Beginning Salary Range: $34.56 - $43.20 per hour
To find out more about OCCU career opportunities, visit us at: https://www.myoccu.org/current-career-opportunities.
If you want to apply directly to this opportunity, click here: https://myoccu.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/0dc3ae8b-75f3-b769-cbe5-81951d47e979/apply?source=949371-CS-22584.
Innovation Research and Data Gathering
- Translate business objectives tied directly to the Strategic Plan and growth into research steps.
- Consult with leadership across the organization to support initiatives with comprehensive market and consumer insights.
- Work cross-functionally to build relevant primary research collection tools.
- Identify and collect relevant data in conjunction with stakeholders and synthesize this information into actionable reports and presentations. A strong alliance with Marketing and Business Intelligence teams will be essential, including the following competencies.
- Member surveys
- Member interviews
- Focus groups
- Internal staff interviews
- Member testimonial and complaint studies
- Member enhancement requests
- User behavior studies
- Competitive scans and surveys
- Primary reviews of products and services
- Channel research
- Secondary Research:
- Loyalty partnership research
- Third-party research subscriptions
- News and trade journals
- Continuous R&D:
- Products, services and channels
- Business line opportunities
- Geographical expansion
- FinTech roadmaps
- Future enhancements
- Innovation and design:
- Design-thinking/Human-centered design
- Workshop and brainstorming
- Co-creation and concept/prototype-testing
- Construct and maintain a central database for market data research. Monitor the quality of the data and continuously implement improvements.
- Consistently exercise independent judgement and discretion in research matters.
- Manage OCCU’s member satisfaction program and serve as primary research analyst to ensure OCCU captures and leverages data on member satisfaction, while also making recommendations to positively influence member loyalty.
- Design and conduct surveys in different formats, focus groups and prototype testing scenarios to discover current and prospective member preferences, particularly around solving member issues and/or enhancing Member Experiences that align fully with organizational goals and objectives.
- Analyze statistical data using both modern and traditional methods and software.
- Use human-centered design techniques and trends to inform OCCU’s product, service and channel delivery strategies. Understand how member research, user stories and use cases lead to functional requirements that enhance member loyalty.
Analytics and Reporting
- Oversee and contribute to competitive analysis on various banks’, fintech and credit unions’ market offerings on an annual and sometimes more frequent (depending on product or service) basis, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation.
- Evaluate program methodology and key data to ensure that data on the releases are accurate and the angle of the release is correct.
- Manage partners and programs designed to supplement OCCU’s internal research capabilities.
- Interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations on an ongoing basis.
- Use online market research and catalogue findings to databases.
- Work in tandem with Business Intelligence team to validate external research findings against member research and data, including Persona profiles and more.
- Create and manage ongoing communications with and reporting for Leadership Team and internal stakeholders regarding research outcomes and recommendations, including making R&D presentations, answering questions and instilling confidence. This could include preparing and submitting reports to CMXO/Director of Marketing and Chief Retail Officer that summarizes findings in a digestible, graphical and actionable manner.
- Ensure all compliance requirements are met and reviewed prior to production.
- Manage partner relationships (e.g., printer, photographer, agency).
- Initiating action – Take prompt action to accomplish work goals. Take action to achieve results beyond what is required. Be proactive. Key actions include responding quickly, taking independent action and going above and beyond.
- Compelling communication – Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups. Communicate in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention. Key actions include delivering clear messages, communicating with impact, using language appropriately and ensuring understanding. This includes written, verbal and presentation forms of communication.
- Collaborating – Work cooperatively with others to help a team, work group or the organization achieve its goals. Key actions include contributing to goal accomplishment, asking for help and encouraging involvement, informing others on the team and modeling commitment.
- Influencing – Use effective involvement and persuasion strategies to gain acceptance of ideas and commitment to actions that support specific work outcomes. Key actions include clarifying the situation, sharing own perspective to build trust, building a compelling case, involving others in exploring solutions, empathizing with others’ concerns and steering commitment to action.
- Innovation – Create novel solutions with measurable value for existing and potential members (internal or external). Experiment with new ways to solve work problems and seize opportunities that result in unique and differentiated solutions. Key actions include seeking to understand existing perspectives, challenging current thinking, experimenting to learn and taking action on ideas.
- Quality orientation – Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how detailed. Show concern for all aspects of the job, accurately check processes and tasks, be watchful over a period of time. Key actions include following procedures, ensuring high quality output and taking action to correct quality problems.
- Business acumen – Use one’s knowledge of economic, financial, market and industry trends to understand and improve individual, work group and/or organizational results. Use one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and/or tactics. Key actions include analyzing, integrating data from multiple sources, understanding business functions, understanding the industry and leveraging own understanding.
- Follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the following of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support colleagues and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
- Ensure that surveys, insights and recommendations maintain compliance with Credit Union and regulatory standards.
- Adhere to all documented standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential and proprietary Credit Union information.
- Four to seven years of proven market research experience.
- Expertise with Excel, PowerPoint and statistical packages (SPSS, SAS or similar), databases and MS Office.
- Advanced data visualization methods (e.g., Tableau, Business Objects).
- Strong knowledge of search engines, web analytics and business research tools.
- Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (e.g., polls, focus groups, surveys etc.).
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, modeling and mining.
- Working understanding of the principles of Human Centered Design.
Bachelor’s or advanced degree in business, statistics, mathematics, marketing or the sciences (or a related field).
Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday through Friday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.
Oregon Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location/Region: Eugene, OR (US - 97408)