Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. was established in 1974 and currently services over 200,000 loans. Our strength as an organization is rooted in the quality of our people and products. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. Furthermore, we're financially strong, with a reputation for leading the industry with unsurpassed products, a broad range of services and a coast-to-coast presence. We're professionally strong, from entry level to more experienced positions, we're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. As a member of our team, we will equip you for success, you'll enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work/life balance.
Credit Service Stipulations Representatives exist to collect and verify information in order to build a credit file that will back the loan. This process includes contacting customers and employers, ordering various income documents, and communicating with home centers to complete stipulations on behalf of the Loan Specialists (LOs).
- Verifies income, employment and other stipulations to ensure the customer’s ability to repay the loan on behalf of the Loan Specialists (LO’s).
- Determine proper documentation required based on income/employment type.
- Collect, review and calculate income from documents including tax returns, check stubs, benefit letters, P&L statements, balance sheets, pension/annuity letters, etc.
- Accurate documentation in LINK.
- Re-computing debt ratios on behalf of the Loan Specialists (LOs).
- Collect and verify other stipulations deemed necessary from the Loan Specialists (LO’s) including verification accounts are paid in full, bi-weekly mortgage requirements, job gap letters, site rent, living expenses, landlord references, etc.
- Collect required pre-acceptance documents from the customer prior to full approval.
- Promote company image through professional service and actions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Computer competency with Microsoft Office and typing skills at minimum 40 wpm.
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills, especially verbal and phone etiquette
- Willing to learn, hard-working, determined and assertive.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a telephone, calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- 90% communication methods completed over the phone. Must be able to exchange accurate information at all times.
- Ability to identify and assess account status and determine appropriate process.
- Constantly works in an indoor temperature controlled, sealed window office environment.
- 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Paid Time Off (PTO) days and holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Wellness Programs and On-site workout facility
- On-site restaurant
About this company
Since Jim Clayton opened our doors in 1956, we have been proud to provide affordable manufactured and modular homes, apartments, commercial buildings, military barracks, and college dormitories to people all across America. The first home center was opened in 1966 in Knoxville, TN, and the Clayton brand has grown over the years to over 320 home centers in 31 states, as well as 35 home-building facilities across the country. Our strength as an organization is supported by more than 15,000 team members who share their ideas and consistently challenge us to work smarter. Today, our various business units build, sell, finance, lease and insure our homes from coast to coast.
Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. was established in 1974 and currently services over 200,000 loans. Our strength as an organization is rooted in the quality of our people and products. We're financially strong, with a reputation for leading the industry with unsurpassed products, a broad range of services and a coast-to-coast presence. And we're professionally strong, from entry level to more experienced positions. We're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. As a member of our team, we will equip you for success, you'll enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth and an encouraging culture that supports work/life balance.
Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. is a proud Berkshire Hathaway company.
Location/Region: Knoxville, TN