Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels, who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. We are excited to bring onboard a forward-thinking and organized Assistant to the Chief of Staff to help keep the office of the CEO running smoothly. This person will be highly impactful to the success of the organization, and should be engaging, fast and very productive with excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude. This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone just starting his/her career to learn within a Fortune 200 company and be at the center of the action! On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Make travel arrangements
- Assist with scheduling
- Take notes on calls and meetings, assembling all appropriate information
- Manage files and documents
- Process expense reports
- Coordinate with teams across the organization
- Act as gatekeeper for the Executive office
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Ability to type at least 70 words per minute due to the pace and volume of prioritized work (80+ wpm is highly desirable); we encourage you to review and practice your typing skills throughout your application process
- Availability to work a Tuesday through Saturday schedule
It’d be great if you also have:
- 6 months of experience in a corporate environment, including relevant internship experience
- Availability to travel occasionally
- "Always-on" approach to work and your availability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Positive, "no job is too big or too small" attitude
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality surrounding company materials and information
- Strong organizational skills with an extraordinary ability to multitask
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
About this company
XPO Logistics, Inc. (NYSE: XPO) is a top ten global logistics provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. The company operates as a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets in 30 countries, with 1,537 locations and approximately 100,000 employees. XPO uses its network to help more than 50,000 customers manage their goods most efficiently throughout their supply chains. XPO's corporate headquarters are in Greenwich, Conn., USA, and its European headquarters are in Lyon, France.