Date: August 10, 2021
Position Title: Support Professional, College Advancement & GRCC Foundation
Department: College Advancement
Job ID: 1166
Work Hours/ Schedule: 40 hours/52 weeks
Compensation: APSS, Level A - $18.41/hour
Reports to: Vice President for College Advancement/Executive Director of GRCC Foundation
Posting Close Date: Open until filled
This position serves as the first point of contact for the college Advancement and Foundation offices. The Support Professional must enjoy working with people, present a positive and professional image, and be a goodwill ambassador for the department and the college.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide high level administrative support to the Vice President for College Advancement/Executive Director of the GRCC Foundation and the GRCC Foundation Board of Directors utilizing excellent judgment at all times.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, white papers, and other data needed by College Advancement/Foundation staff and the Foundation Board and its committees.
- Serve as first point of contact for Vice President for College Advancement and Foundation Board of Director’s scheduling needs that includes answering the telephone and disseminating the mail - maintain appointment calendars, work schedules, and critical timelines for the Vice President for College Advancement.
- Serve as the first point of contact for the College Advancement and Foundation offices.
- Act as an internal, and external, community liaison and goodwill ambassador for the College Advancement and the GRCC Foundation leadership team.
- Assure donor confidentiality, as well as, the confidentiality of the projects undertaken by the GRCC Foundation by conducting all personal contacts and communications with donors in a professional manner.
- Manage all aspects of the College Advancement/GRCC Foundation office management:
- Process mail, check deposits, acknowledgments, and tax receipts to be sent to donors of the GRCC Foundation.
- Maintain College Advancement budget including financial reporting, budget preparation, basic analysis, etc.
- Maintain College Advancement and Foundation web pages.
- Manage Thankview video platform for donor engagement.
- Manage Foundation events as assigned by the Vice President of College Advancement (includes event planning and coordination from start to finish, setting up events in Raisers Edge, budget etc.)
- Provide high level administrative support for campaign initiatives, events, etc.
- Maintain and archive foundation filing system - Must be familiar with recordkeeping/retention requirements for donor lists, grants, alumni relations, scholarships, etc.
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge Donor Database and coordinate pledges.
- Manage student employee
- Regular attendance during normal scheduled hours is required. Being present is critical for performing the essential functions of this position.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President.
¿ Associate’s Degree required or comparable combination of relevant education and experience.
¿ National Career Readiness Certificate preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of administrative office management experience required.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience using database fundraising software (i.e. Raiser’s Edge) is essential.
- The following competencies are essential and will be evaluated for our candidates through the evidence-based selection process:
- Information Skills
- Getting Information
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Interacting with Computers
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Documenting/Recording Information
- Processing Information
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge
- Performing Administrative Activities
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings
- Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to anticipate needed resources/information to see projects to successful conclusion.
- Working knowledge of computers both enterprise and PC including but not limited to word processing, database programs, and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated experience in prior budget responsibilities.
- Proficient internet navigation skills to conduct donor research and benchmark non-profit best practices.
- Must meet minimum standards of the APSS testing process (testing components: Ability to type a minimum of 45-50 words per minute; 70% proficient in language arts; 80% proficient in edit/format letter, paragraph retrieval to format a letter, and data entry; and 90% proficient in math) plus possess excellent proofreading skills and have aptitude for detail work including record keeping and filing and preparation of financial reports and documents. A skills assessment may be required.
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to manage projects and work independently on daily routines.
- Ability to respond courteously and appropriately to telephone and personal inquiries from all stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and able to cope calmly and professionally with different events and circumstances.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and individuals in a team environment.
- Ability to perform the functions of the job efficiently and cheerfully.
- Incorporate GRCC values into professional work environments.
- Willing and able to work as a team with other co-workers.
- Office and reception environment
- Working with people and presenting a positive and professional image
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position online. Submit a cover letter and resume in one document. The opportunity to apply for this position is open until filled . Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Visa sponsorship is not available.
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The college will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI.
Location/Region: Grand Rapids, MI