This role will provide leadership to the Procurement and Receiving areas, ensuring full functionality of the departments. This position is responsible for providing accurate inventory information, forecasting, and presenting results to upper management in addition to establishing, communicating, and measuring performance against objectives. The person filling this role will identify opportunities for continuous improvement and implement new methods, processes, etc. while enforcing and ensuring company and departmental policies, procedures and work instructions are followed by subordinates.
· Provide leadership through performance planning, on-going feedback, and recognition activities to ensure clarity of expectations and achievement of departmental targets.
· Manage efforts to reduce inventory and procurement cost to ensure cost effectiveness and meet the cost reduction target set by the company.
· Preparation of database intelligence in order to report accurate managerial information regarding purchasing and maintenance of material cost within the companies’ budgeted business plan. This includes all related budgeted items.
· Establishment and maintenance of inventory and supply for efficient operations within company target inventory levels and inventory freight budget. Reduce supplier delivery lead times and ensure on time delivery of supplier product.
· Manage receiving functions to promote accuracy of goods received, FIFO in stores, accuracy of inventory counts to system and promote lean philosophies.
· Confirm improvement plans for delivery and quality performance of supplier products to ensure inventory accuracy, and proper communication of problems to suppliers. Approve root cause and countermeasures activities.
· Manage preparations necessary for new product launches in terms of purchasing materials in order to facilitate timely and cost-effective launches. Ensure no dead stock of buildout items compared to target inventory.
· To enforce and ensure company and departmental policies, procedures and work instructions are followed by subordinates.
· Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by immediate supervisor
· Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, purchasing or a related field or 8 years of Purchasing/Receiving related experience.
· 4 years of supervisory experience
· 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
· Familiarity with SAP, MRP systems, and Microsoft Office
· Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated negotiation skills
· Demonstrated analytical skills
This, company confidential, organization is a Tier One automotive supplier located in the West Jefferson area. This facility employs over 1,800 associates, and due to our continued growth, we currently have exciting career opportunities available across a number of departments.