Title: Residential Manager – Caregiver Management (Social Work)
Job Category: Operations Management
Line of Business: Residential Services
Join us in transforming peoples’ lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Residential Manager – Caregiver Management (Social Work).
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.Residential Manager – Caregiver Management (Social Work) Responsibilities
As a Residential Manager, you will be responsible for the overall operation of your assigned service site(s), including staff, budget, compliance with State/Federal regulations or standards of service, and general quality of service to individuals served in these programs. Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Supervising the provision of assistance to clients to promote their physical, social, and psychological well-being which may include scheduling and assisting individuals to medical appointments.
- Responsible for household shopping and ensuring that all dietary needs are taken into account according to each individual plan.
- Participate in meetings both annually and as needed regarding individuals’ plans / needs.
- Work collaboratively with team members to include, but not limited to: external case managers, guardians, behavior analysts, psychologists, therapists and natural supports (family and friends) to ensure overall health, safety and welfare of the individuals we support.
- Monitoring and ensuring that staff follow agency procedures to promote optimal health care and behavior supports, as well as optimal safety practices.
- Ensuring that staff completes all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Supervising staff interactions with individuals and supporting staff to promote the rights of the individuals to achieve enhanced quality of life.
- Ensuring that MSDS (material data safety sheets) are present for all supplies/chemicals as applicable for assigned service site(s) and ensuring that staff is properly trained on MSDS.
- Maintaining a work environment that supports dignity and fair treatment of staff.
- Promoting the individuality of people we support by ensuring that common living areas and bedrooms are individualized to reflect the personality of the person(s) living there.Overseeing implementation of and compliance with audit systems.
- Responding to emergencies.
- Participating as needed with investigations involving individuals and employees at assigned service site(s).
- Monitoring labor hours and ensuring that assigned service site(s) are operating within budgetary guidelines.
As a Residential Manager, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented with solid business and advocacy skills, a passion for social work, and the ability to work with a culturally diverse population. You must also display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to interact effectively across all levels of management and staff.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- BA/BS in Business, Health Care Administration, or a Social Science
- OR High school diploma/GED and equivalent job experience of 3 years
- One year of supervisory experience, required; previous experience providing services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities and/or other related disorders, preferred
- Experience in managing systems, processes, and people
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local regulations concerning services to individuals with developmental disabilities
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel, staying overnight as necessary
- Ability to work flexible hours and locations and cover direct care shifts as necessary
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people’s lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities. , SANFORD, NC 27330 USA
Location/Region: Sanford, NC