Job Title: Pre-Production Planning
Department: Production Control
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Function as Program Manager for all pre-production launch activities from drawing release through high volume production trials to attain 100% on time start of production
- Largely administrative and project management oriented
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage all aspects of production preparation for new model launches utilizing gate system and master schedule
- Communicate preparation progress to customer utilizing standardized reporting tools
- Coordinate internal departments’ production preparation activities
- Communicate with Japanese parent company regarding pre-production preparation activities
- Conduct regular meetings to update all parties on program status
- Receive and process all pre-production trial orders
- Propose and negotiate packaging with customer and order packaging upon approval
- Manage raw material and component part vendor preparation
Qualifications : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Business or related field
- Equivalent experience is highly valued
- Familiarity with Toyota Production System principles
- Experience with management of complex projects
- Ability to produce schedules and set priorities to attain goals
- Knowledge of ToyotaSupplier.com databases and programs including SPIMS, VPACS, Lead Time Surveys, Initial Preparation Surveys, and Trial Preparation Surveys.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
Additional Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Japanese manufacturing environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, while balancing changing priorities
- Capable of communicating, both verbally and in writing, across all organizational levels
- Aptitude for excellent organization, record-keeping, and follow-up skills
- Proficient at influencing others through affable assertiveness
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this position, click “Apply” below to fill out our online form, or download the form from the link below and mail or fax (along with your resume) to:
ATTC Manufacturing Inc.
10455 State Road 37
Tell City, IN 47586
About this company
We are a manufacturing company of automotive parts that believes that investing in our Team Members leads to quality work. Our controlled production processes are constantly evaluated for areas of improvement so that we’re always bringing our customers high quality products, produced to their exacting specifications and tolerances, in the most efficient way possible. We take pride in the value of what we provide; our commitment to continuous improvement is our number one priority.
Location/Region: Tell City, IN