The Nursing Assistant II (NA II) position is a PRN entry level position specifically used for nursing students. The position provides hands-on experience to help prepare nursing students for their first RN position. It is designed to build upon the experience gained in the classroom and during clinical rotations.
NA IIs work under the direction of an RN to provide safe, efficient, age-specific care to patients and families in order to assist them to attain, maintain, regain, and/or sustain optimal health status. Responsibilities include:
- Direct patient care delivery (includes ADLs, hygiene measures, select treatments, patient/family education, discharge preparation)
- Communication and documentation of interventions and observations
- Participation in quality improvement process
- Involved in learning and self-improvement
- Initiates and maintains a positive relationship with patients/customers and coworkers
Experience/Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of nursing process and practice. Successful completion of a Nursing Fundamentals course required.
Special Skills, Equipment: Uses a wide variety of technical equipment to meet patient needs and prescribed medical therapies (i.e. stethoscope, thermometers, glucometers, and electronic monitoring devices). Excellent communication skills.
Education: Current enrollment in an accredited A.D.N. nursing program required. Current enrollment in a BSN nursing program preferred.
Must have completed Foundations/Fundamentals clinical rotation through nursing program prior to starting position. Successful completion of specialty area rotation may be required.
Location/Region: Elyria, OH (44035)