Responsible for delivery of services provided by the Dietary Department. Assist foodservice team in preparation and presentation of high-quality meals and services, and performs duties as required for the smooth operation of the Dietary Department.
Director of Dining Services
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Perform necessary responsibility for dish and pot washing, and general cleaning duties.
- Set up and break down the dish machine and pot washing area according to policy and procedure.
- Follow proper sanitation and cross contamination techniques to ensure an infection-free environment.
- Distribute and store clean pots, dishes, and utensils according to proper procedure.
- Clean and sanitize production equipment, work surfaces, and the kitchen according to cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Wash all utensils, chinaware, eating utensils, and glassware for reset of dining area.
- Clean entire dish room, including washing floor mats, draining and cleaning dishwasher, and shining stainless steel.
- Clean and organize janitor’s closet.
- Sweep and mop dish room and kitchen floors, storage areas, employees’ break room, and delivery entrance as scheduled or requested by management.
- Empty trash containers and properly sanitize them as required.
- Maintain standards of personal appearance and cleanliness.
- Maintain and follow safe and sanitary policies and conditions.
- Prepare food using correct methods of preparation and storage.
- Properly label and rotate supplies upon received orders.
- Attend in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
- Follow correct food handling procedures and kitchen safety rules and procedures.
- Prepare and serve food as designated by the cooking staff in a safe and portion-controlled manner.
- Ensure food temperatures and presentation meet standards.
- Promptly discuss and resolve any potential food service and care coordination problems with all involved team members and team leaders.
- Work established floor plans, attend menu class, complete side work and sign off on the assigned open and closing checklists.
- Advise the Director of Dining Services regarding kitchen and dining room operations status, to include equipment needs, repairs, etc.
- Attend in-service training and education sessions as required.
- Maintain high level of professionalism and customer service orientation with all residents and other team members.
- Conduct yourself and your business at all times so as not to detract from or reflect adversely on the reputation of the Community.
- Handle all resident concerns and complaints with finesse and in a caring, polite and professional manner.
- Must be able to communicate and function in an interdisciplinary team.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, and move frequently during working hours.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. floor to waist, lift 10 lbs. waist to shoulder, lift and carry 30 lbs., and push/pull 40 lbs.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
Team Member Expectations
- Preserve and protect the privacy, confidentiality and security of all medical records, proprietary and other confidential information relating to Spectrum Retirement, its residents, Team Members, activities and affiliates, in accordance with all applicable laws (especially HIPAA) and Spectrum policy.
- Promote Spectrum in a positive manner and lead by example, modeling our core values in everyday behavior.
- Understand how to approach and communicate with all residents including those who are cognitively impaired.
- Treat residents, family members and other team members with dignity and respect while responding to their needs.
- Maintain and sustain a safe community and workplace.
- Follow Spectrums’ Policies, Procedures, and Manuals.
- Accept other duties as assigned.
Experience & Other Requirements
- Six months experience as a cook’s helper recommended but not required.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to interpret standardized recipes, instructions, specifications and standards.
- Fundamental understanding of sanitation, cleanliness and personal hygiene.
- Strong customer service attitude/ presentation.
- Caring and compassionate towards others.
- Ability to communicate and work as a part of the dietary team.
- Ability to talk respectfully with, understand, empathize with, work with and be tolerant of Residents, families, visitors, peers, managers, subordinates, and other outside contacts.
- Caring and compassionate towards others.
Job Type: Part-time
Powell Senior Living welcomed our first residents in January 2017. We are considered a leader and innovator in senior living. Ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers, the privately held company owns and operates 33 senior living communities in 12 states from New York to Oregon. Spectrum currently employs a staff of more than 2,500 and oversees more than 3,900 apartments. Celebrating its 12th year of operations, the rapidly growing company has eight communities under construction and will manage 3,700 senior apartment homes by 2017. For more information, visit www.spectrumretirement.com.
Location/Region: Overland Park, KS (US)