Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical, management and site services to support governments in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear power industry. BWXT has more than 5,200 employees and significant operations in Lynchburg, Va.; Erwin, Tenn.; Mount Vernon, Ind.; Euclid, Ohio; Barberton, Ohio; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy sites around the country. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
UT Testing Technician - BWX Technologies, Inc. - Barberton, OH
- Performs routine ultrasonic, eddy current and leak testing examination of materials and weldments in accordance with established methods and procedures.
- Performs detailed recording of the above inspections as required. Performs setup and calibration of equipment in accordance with detailed procedures.
- Conducts examinations, analyzes and evaluates test results. Performs visual inspection of surfaces to be examined to determine suitability for testing.
- Prepares detailed test data such as sketches, test reports and reports of inspection to provide documentation of results.
- Consults with supervision, relative to test results, on problems associated with inspections performed.
At least one year of experience performing ultrasonic testing is strongly preferred.
Candidates with a Level 2 certification in UT, or UT Examiner status will be preferred.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status. Nearest Major Market:
Akron Nearest Secondary Market:
Location/Region: Barberton, OH