This position will rebuild and repair molding to improve their running condition, along with working on molds and dies that are running in machines in the production area.
- Repair and rebuild molds and dies.
- Make components and changes on existing components and die changes.
- Assist the Group Leaders and Lead persons in planning work in the shop.
- Assist the Group Leaders and Lead persons in sending work to outside vendors.
- Assist other departments where their skills are needed.
- Keep the molds running as efficiently as possible while they are running in production (fixing water leaks, air leaks, assisting Mold Setters, working with Production personnel on mold problems, etc?)
- Assist the mold cleaners with repairs that are needed and to help clean molds when time allows.
- Record in the Mold Maintenance Log book any maintenance that is completed on every mold.
- Inform the Scheduling Department when there is a mold problem that is going to be down for any length of time.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by the Group Leaders, Tooling Manger and Tooling Supervisor.
- High school education / GED equivalent.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds a minimum of 10 times per day and lift 50-75 lbs. over shoulder height occasionally.
- Ability to occasionally climb on and off a forklift safely and without assistance.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift in high traffic, low clearance areas while not posing a safety risk to others. Must not be at risk of sudden alterations in consciousness.
- Hearing sufficient to recognize and respond to shouted warnings, alarms and horns on forklifts.
- Able to occasionally climb ladders safely and without assistance. Must not be at risk of sudden alterations in consciousness.
- Verbal communication adequate to use a radio and or paging system to contact other co-workers in other areas of the complex.
- Able to use both hands for effective manipulation of tools/parts.
- Able to work overhead or in awkward positions on a frequent basis.
- Ability to push/pull loads of approx 75 lbs at a minimum of 10 times per day/shift.
- Vision of 20/40 or better and peripheral vision of 70 degrees or greater and ability to read 10-12 point font at a distance of 12-18 inches.
- Able to stand/walk for 7 hours of an 8-hour shift.
This position will work 12 hour days on a rotating schedule from 7PM-7AM. Training will be on ay shift for 6-12 weeks depending on experience.
Location Lawrence, KS 66049 US (Primary)
Shift Type Rotating Shifts Category Maintenance / Automation / Process Technicians Career Level Associate Job Classification Hourly Travel None Exemption Type Hourly Education High School or GED Salary Range
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS (US)