The Post-doctoral fellow will be a graduate in microbiology or immunology and have experience in performing experiments with Mycobacterium tuberculosis or another intracellular pathogen The fellow will be responsible for performing experiments in the level 2 and level 3 laboratories. The employee will be trained in Biosafety protocols by the Principal Investigator as well as by the Institutional Department of Biosafety. The fellow will design and perform experiments as outlined in funded grant applications and analyze data obtained from these. The fellow will also collaborate with the PI in the dissemination of this data in the form of abstracts, meeting presentations and peer-reviewed publications. The fellow will perform experiments involving host-mycobacterium interactions using in-vitro, murine and nonhuman primate models of TB. Specific and evidenced experience with microscopy, immunohistochemistry, RNAseq and flow cytometry is desired. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- General working knowledge of BSL2 and/or BSL3 bio-containment principles and protocols, both for animal and laboratory space
- Ability to perform meticulous laboratory work with careful attention to detail, and in strict adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures
- Familiarity with bio-molecular and animal research work
- Strong organizational and computational skills
- Strong command of English as a spoken as well as a written language
- Collaborative personality and the ability to assist in the mentoring of graduate students
- A doctoral degree in any Microbiology or Immunology; hands-on experience in recombinant DNA techniques and contemporary immunological techniques, as it relates to the infection biology of M. tuberculosis
- At least two first author publications derived from doctoral work
- Experience with DNA and RNA extraction and purification and PCR/RNAseq
- Experience with cloning, bacterial and tissue culture techniques, ELISA, Western blots, etc.
- Experience with flow cytometry, including panel design, staining, sorting and analyses
- Experience with live and fixed microscopy, confocal, immunohistochemistry, FISH etc.
- Proficiency with common laboratory equipment
- Familiarity with basic computational tools such as Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- A committed individual with a vision for their future
How To Apply
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job. This posting will close on: Sunday, July 23, 2017. Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.