Training will be during day shift hours M – F working 8 hrs/ day (7:00 AM – 3:30 PM). Placement for this position will be on the night shift 7 PM – 7:30 AM once training is complete.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Troubleshoot, repair and perform preventive maintenance on all equipment
- Follow all company policies, work and safety rules
- Operate hand tools, powered tools and shop equipment in a safe and useful manner
- Keep a clean, safe and orderly workplace
- Seek additional training
- Look for ways to make equipment run more efficiently
- Keep proper records on maintenance performed on the printing presses
- Attend all required company meetings and classes
- Possess a basic mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Work well with others in a team environment.
- Possess own hand tools.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics & mechanical drawings.
- Dependable & motivated with a good work history.
- Have good organizational skills
- Positive attitude towards hard work, authority, responsibility & team work.
1. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds overhead.
2. Must be able to work around grease, oils, inks, and solvents without adverse reaction.
3. Ability to climb up and down ladders.
4. Must be able to stand, walk bend or stoop through an entire shift.
5. Good manual dexterity of arms and fingers.
6. Must have 20/20 vision with correction to be able to detect minor defects.
7. Must be able to differentiate color.
Berry Plastics Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications without regard to age (as defined by applicable law0, race, religious creed, sex, color, marital status, citizenship, national origin or disability (willing to make reasonable accommodation). This policy also applies to disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam.
Location Lawrence, KS 66049 US (Primary)
Shift Type 12 Hour Night Category Maintenance / Automation / Process Technicians Career Level Associate Job Classification Hourly Travel None Exemption Type Hourly Education High School or GED Salary Range
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS (US)