Team-Based Care Clinical Office Assistant (RN, LPN, or CMA) - Internal MedicineDHS _DC DowntownEvansville, INDeaconess ClinicFull Time - 80, Day, Monday-Friday, 7:30a-5:00pPosted 01/15/2020Req # 14542At Deaconess Clinic, our vision is to be the medical group of choice for the region, recognized as the best place to work, practice medicine, and receive exceptional quality and cost effective care at the right time and in the right place. Job Summary
The Clinical Office Assistant is responsible for providing direct or indirect care according to the applicable state Nurse Practice Act to patients who present with urgent, emergent or potential health problems as well as preventive care. Services provided by the COA will include, but are not limited to, general patient care, assistance with procedures, documentation of activities and patient/family education. The COA will provide care utilizing established principles and ethical standards as well as policies and procedures established by Deaconess. Education and Experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Graduation certificate from an accredited Medical Assistant program or graduation from an accredited nursing program required. Experience preferred but not required.
Current certification/license from one of the below:
- Certified Medical Assistant- American Association of Medical Assistants
- Registered Medical Assistant- American Medical Technologist
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant- National Health career Association
- National Certified Medical Assistant- National Center for Competency Testing
- Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant- National Association for Health Professionals
- Registered Medical Assistant- American Allied Health
- Certified Medical Assistant Clinical- American Medical Certification Association
- Active LPN license in state of employment Active RN license in state of employment
CPR provider certification required.
Location/Region: Evansville, IN