Responsible for setting up and operating one or more finishing machines in the Tape department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES 1
1. Communicates with supervisor and co-workers to ensure understanding of schedule priorities, maintenance issues, and quality concerns.
2. Print and cut cores per customer requirements, product specification and standard operating specs.
3. Sets up and runs Tape finishing equipment per standard operating procedures and product specification requirements to ensure product quality and safe working conditions.
4. Performs required tests and/or visual inspection to ensure product quality. Segregates defective materials from finished goods sent to packing.
5. Packs finished goods per standard operating procedures, specifications and customer requirements.
6. Collects and records process information per standard operating procedures.
7. Maintains inventories by accurately recording production information and properly labeling materials.
8. Operates a lift truck and maintains a Nitto Lift Truck Operator’s License.
9. Ensures the department maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
10. Performs and records preventive maintenance as scheduled.
11. Works safely and wears required protective equipment.
12. Knows fire alarm system and evacuation procedure.
13. Understands the potential hazards, and safe handling procedures for solvents used for cleaning in the department.
14. Understands the impact of the finishing process on the environment.
15. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs up to shoulder height
16. Consistently performs all job tasks as specified with little or no supervision.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs from floor to shoulder height.
• Must meet all requirements to wear required PPE.
• Strict attention to detail; ability to problem solve in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to pass Forklift certification; fork lift certification a plus.
• Must be able to work overtime on weekdays, weekends and holidays
• Mechanical aptitude a plus.
• Experience in a factory and/or manufacturing environment a plus.
• Must be able to learn through O.J.T. methods; job shadowing and verbal instructions.
About this company
We are looking to grow our team with energetic and enthusiastic people interested in a career in manufacturing.
Nitto, Inc.’s Lakewood, NJ facility is a premier manufacturer of acoustic, structural and sealing materials for the automotive industry. Our lightweight structural products make cars run quieter by reducing road noise and improving fuel efficiencies. Nitto, Inc. also manufactures pressure sensitive tapes used in the electrical, electronic, automotive, and aerospace industries.
Nitto is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation and gender identity, status as a protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with disability.