Date Posted: 7/29/2019 Job Code: PRCANA Location: Indianapolis.IN.MR32 City: Indianapolis State: IN Country: United States of America Category: Accounting and Finance Description
Purpose: The overall purpose of a Pricing Analyst is to work with external customers (shippers) and internal customers (sales reps, customer service reps) to complete freight network bids as well as negotiate rates based on current market conditions.
- Process, analyze, and submit complex freight network bid packages
- Analyze freight market daily to fully understand company freight needs
- Continue to educate sales reps on pricing strategy
- Help in the maintenance of freight contracts
- Provide accurate and timely responses to customer’s rate requests
- Continuously help billing department solve problems with balance dues, short pays, etc.
- Provide rate recommendations to upper management
- Provide upper management with ad hoc business reports
- Perform rate reviews on expiring rates and provide recommendation of action
- Study freight, rate, and truck capacity trends on a daily basis to fully understand pricing strategy
- Follow all company guidelines and procedures as set forth in your employee and departmental handbooks
- Other duties/special projects as needed
- 4-year college degree in business, operations, and/or logistics is preferred, but not required
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to multi task
- Proficient in data organizing in Microsoft Excel (v-lookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Have a vested interest in company financial performance
Celadon, one of Indiana’s fastest growing companies, is looking for top candidates to join our winning team! Apply today for the opportunity to work with an industry leader to service our Fortune 500 client-base.
About this company
Celadon is one of the largest and most progressive transportation and logistics companies in North America. Founded in 1985, Celadon has grown continuously for over 28 years and now employs over 4,000 associates worldwide. We have the newest equipment operated by the most skilled drivers on the road; our expertise means reliability and dependability. As one of the top truckload carriers in North America, we have international resources strategically located within the United States, Canada, and Mexico. In addition to international business, Celadon also offers a range of truckload transportation services within the United States, including long-haul, regional, local and dedicated. Our facilities allow us to provide a total transportation solution. Celadon Logistics provides freight management services, less-than-truckload consolidation and freight brokerage services. Celadon Dedicated Services offers supply chain management solutions, such as warehousing and dedicated fleet services. You can count on us for solutions to all your transportation and logistics needs.
Location/Region: Indianapolis, IN