Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia. If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
The Scanning Clerk
is responsible for scanning medical records and correspondence for permanent electronic storage for the RCM department. This is a great entry-level opportunity to join an outstanding team in our Overland Park RMC location and learn about the medical field! Responsibilities
- Disassembles and prepares medical records and correspondence for scanning process by ensuring all documentation relates to specific patient
- Maintains daily scanning schedule
- Bar codes medical records for input into the Healthcare billing system
- Assists receiving team as needed
- Reconciles to ensure all records and correspondence was scanned
- Other duties as assigned
- Reads and abides by the company’s code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs
- Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Good organizational skillsAble to prioritize work dailyCommunicate and work well in a team environmentMeet established production and quality goals/metricsFollow up in a timely manner on open itemsAble to effectively prioritize work on a daily basisEducation/Experience:
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 1 or more years of related experienceComputer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
Microsoft Office SuiteHealthcare Billing System (AS400 preferred)Certificates and Licenses:
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts!
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify. Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Internal ID: 2019-20653
Location/Region: Overland Park, KS