Job ID 85965 Full / Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Regular/Temporary: RegularAbout Baystate Medical Center’s Acute Care Pharmacy Team
Baystate Medical Center is part of Baystate Health, a leading non-profit integrated health system based in western Massachusetts. The acute care pharmacy team at Baystate Medical Center provides pharmacy services to the flagship hospital of the health system which is located in Springfield, Massachusetts and includes a 716-bed academic medical center, a 110-bed children’s hospital, an outpatient surgery center, an outpatient infusion center and a regional cancer center.The acute care pharmacy team is committed to leveraging technology to promote safety and quality of patient care and designed a high-tech pharmacy with this in mind. Our central pharmacy includes industry-leading compounding facilities, dispensing technology and automation to safely prepare and dispense medications to patients. We have a robust training and education program and work collaboratively with our regional pharmacy partners to standardize operational and clinical workflows, focusing on quality, safety, patient and employee experience and overall value.
Join our pharmacy and experience the region’s model for pharmacy workflow and patient safety.What will you do
You will be responsible for the comprehensive management of all processes and workflows related to non-hazardous and hazardous sterile product preparation and dispensing (USP 797 and USP 800) at the BMC main campus and affiliated off-site locations. The manager will be expected to lead the training and quality assurance program for sterile compounding, ensuring compliance with relevant state and federal guidelines and accreditation standards. Additional responsibilities include using relevant metrics, dashboards and other necessary data to develop and manage performance standards related to accountability and productivity and ensure appropriate utilization of labor and non-labor expenses. You will also be expected to identify, prioritize and lead process improvement initiatives related to sterile compounding workflows.
What You Will NeedRequired:
- Graduate of a College of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council of Pharmacy Education required. Advanced degree or PGY1/PGY2 residency training preferred
- Board Certified Sterile Compounding (BCSPC) certified (or eligible)
- Minimum 5 years of progressive pharmacy experience in an acute care pharmacy environment with demonstrated management, leadership and supervisory experience
- Previous sterile compounding experience required, including a detailed understanding of the regulatory and operational issues associated with USP 797 and USP 800
- Possesses the ability to think strategically
- Proven ability and desire to mentor and coach
- Effectively communicates both in writing and in person
- Ability to make decisions in a high pace, high quality environment
- Values the importance of developing and maintaining relationships
- Desire to be in a leadership role that requires holding others accountable
- Comfortable with day to day use of various forms of technology, to include troubleshooting issues and adoption of new systems as necessary
At Baystate Health, we believe that because our employees give their best, they deserve the best in return. Our benefits package is among the most robust in the region, and offers you the ability to customize your package to meet your needs. In addition to competitive pay, generous Paid Time Off and shift differentials, we know employees have a real life beyond our doors, we offer other benefits that can help them better balance their two worlds and fulfill some of their lifelong dreams.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA