The Business Development Leader- Local Market is responsible for developing and growing profitable car rental and truck rental revenue in a defined geographic territory to support ABG’s off airport car and Budget Truck business strategy. Revenue development will come from a broad range of potential car and truck rental customers including, but not limited to: small businesses, hotels, retailers, sports teams, moving companies, and package companies. The LMSM will be instrumental in developing sales strategies to acquire and retain customers, working with their Territory Performance Managers and other ABG sales managers, as well as guiding and directing Agency Operators and Truck Dealers to maximize their business through joint sales efforts.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop a thorough knowledge of Avis, Budget and Budget Truck products and services.
- Develop and implement effective sales and marketing strategies that maximize all sales opportunities.
- Implement strategies to drive profitable revenue growth and market share.
- Build and maintain effective referral relationships to maximize referral opportunities.
- Deliver effective presentations including proposals to customers and business reviews to management.
- Identify, respond and solve business issues for customers and provide win-win solutions that add value.
- Coordinate the negotiation of rates and contract terms to solidify pending deals.
- Close deals and effectively communicate the value of Avis, Budget and/or Budget Truck solutions and how they will meet the customer’s needs and business objectives.
- Maintain account files, report documentation and proposals/bids using the Salesforce.com system.
- Participate in tradeshows, chamber of commerce functions and other local events to strength the relationships of our brands in the marketplace.
- Communicate regularly with Sales’ and Operations’ teams regarding marketing trends, customer concerns and effectiveness and best practices for sales strategies.
Competencies for Success
- Ability to generate new and innovative ways to sell products and services.
- Strong and effective skills in all areas of research, probing, prospecting, lead generation and negotiating in order to uncover new business opportunities, develop existing accounts and deliver results.
- Ability to demonstrate ease and professionalism when meeting with clients.
- Excellent business acumen and strong planning, organization and priority setting skills to leverage relationships, both internal and external.
- Collaborative style and a team player with peers and senior leadership.
- Must have a high degree of integrity, credibility, energy and enthusiasm.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of two (2) years successful outside sales/account management (utilizing direct sales techniques) required.
- Willingness to travel overnight for business is required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
A valid driver's license is required for all positions. Drug screening is a part of our hiring process.
Avis Budget is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
The information listed in this advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this ad may result in your being considered for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.