The Desktop Administrator, ACS is responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining workstations at Cloud Services Centers.
- Install, configure, upgrade, maintain and support desktop systems at Cloud Service Centers
- Maintain accurate client inventory at ACS Centers to insure accurate billing
- Manage and monitor software updates and virus scan definition updates for client workstations
- Assist Network Administrators with the support of Active Directory and Domain Services at new Cloud Services Centers
- Provide guidance and recommendations for workstations and applications to be used by ACS Centers
- Conduct site visits for Cloud Services prospect centers
- Assist with planning and participate in projects related to Cloud Services Centers
- Provide second level support to the Service Desk for support of Cloud Services Centers
- Participate in implementation projects for new Cloud Service Centers
- Maintain accurate documentation for system installations, configurations, upgrades and disaster recovery activities.
- Manage and coordinate projects with vendors on behalf of Cloud Service Centers
- Manage client device lifecycle from purchase/deployment/end-of-life replacement
- Provide documentation to the Service Desk to improve first level resolution of Cloud Services Incidents
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Manage system performance and application level security
- Assist centers with staying compliant with HIPAA and other security regulations
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university or equivalent experience
- At least 1-year experience supporting computers in an enterprise environment
- Basic Knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Active Directory, Windows XP/7/8/10, Networking
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and percentages.
Ability to understand, read, write and speak English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to successfully write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors and the general public.
Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and correct errors. Ability to understand and interpret basic financial data. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of forms and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner. Must be able to work well with others. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized. High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information. Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency. Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance.
CORPORATE CORE VALUES
Puzzle Solving-Turning challenges into opportunities in a collaborative, agile and creative way
Excellence-On a never-ending quest to improve and exceed expectations
Ownership-Taking responsibility for our actions, relationships and partners’ success
Positive Environment-Respectful, caring, trusting and supportive of the team
Leadership-Leading by example, staying true to our values and dreams
Ethics-Committing to always doing the right thing guided by integrity and transparency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Qualifications Skills Behaviors : Motivations : Education
Bachelors or better. Experience
1 year: Experience supporting computers in an enterprise environment Licenses & Certifications
Location/Region: Nashville, TN