Perform advanced data analysis and complex scripting in support of the creation and maintenance of fraud models, intelligence, and detection tools/processes. Drive the build-out of a comprehensive fraud data and analytics environment by providing Subject Matter Expert input to solution developers. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in establishing, monitoring, evaluating and interpreting data with a financial crimes management focus with an understanding of business strategy.
• Research and develop quantitative tools and models to mitigate the financial, regulatory and reputational impact of fraud on Bank customers and the Bank itself.
• Develop and maintain satisfactory model and tool documentation, including process procedures and performance monitoring guidelines to serve as reference source.
• Provide expert guidance as Financial Crimes works toward central warehousing of needed data within the Hadoop ecosystem.
• Develop algorithmic processes to be executed daily, intraday, and eventually in Near Real Time for the purpose of identifying ongoing fraudulent activity based on a 360 degree Customer View.
• Perform data manipulation/analysis and fraud tool development using Python, SQL, SAS and Microsoft Excel and deliver operational fraud risk intelligence end users/applications.
• Identify emerging fraud risks and threats and respond with recommendations to build/modify new fraud detection capabilities.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of banking databases (including EPIC) and other transactional and fraud databases to provide data and analytical support to management.
• Track fraud tool and model performance and risk strategy results. Incorporate observations and data in to existing models and tools to improve predictive results.
• Provide guidance and direction to Analytics team regarding all aspects of data analysis and the construction of predictive fraud tools/alerts.
• Present data, results and/or recommendations to Senior Management as necessary.
• Identify opportunities to leverage quantitative solutions to solve business problems.
• Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
• Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
• Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
• Complete other related duties as assigned.
• This role is highly technical in nature and requires demonstrated attention to detail, execution and follow up on multiple initiatives within the Financial Crimes Management department. The ability to identify, analyze, rationalize and communicate complex business problems and recommend solutions is a key factor of success in this role.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative Analysis or another technical discipline with minimum of 3 years relevant experience or in lieu of degree, a combined minimum of 7 years higher education and/or work experience to include a minimum of 3 years relevant experience -OR Master's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative Analysis or another technical discipline, with minimum of 1 year relevant experience or in lieu of degree, a combined minimum of 7 years higher education and/or work experience to include a minimum of 1 year relevant experience.IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem, particularly execution of Spark scripts written in Scala or Python
• Experience scripting in Python
• Experience scripting in Scala
• Experience leveraging Kafka for processing Streaming dataExperience with SAS, SAS Enterprise Miner and other Statistical Software Packages
• Advanced Knowledge of SQL and Microsoft Office
• Ability to utilize analytics in a collaborative manner across business functions and product lines to derive optimum solutions
• Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts
• Demonstrated ability to manipulate and analyze data across large databases.
Location/Region: Buffalo, NY