The Retail Car Sales Representative serves customers by helping them select a vehicle that meets their needs and wants in a professional and friendly manner.
Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently provides a high quality customer service experience to customers.
- Works with customers to determine their needs and wants in their next vehicle purchase.
- Exhibits a commitment to becoming an auto sales expert and gain in-depth knowledge of vehicles and technology.
- Responsible for the meet and greet, presentation, test drive and write up portion of the sales process.
- Works effectively in a haggle free, fixed pricing high volume dealership model.
- Follows-up with existing customers to confirm their satisfaction and generate leads.
- Achieves individual sales goals and customer service goals.
This position does not have any formal supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications (may vary by level)
- High school diploma required.
- Previous related sales experience.
- Previous finance and warranty background a plus.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong understanding of marketing programs, events and promotions.
- Must be proficient with various computer applications including social media and mobile applications.
Some local travel required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary, based on job location, department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by location, department, reporting structure or other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description.