Job DescriptionGeneral Responsibilities:
Responsible for coordinating or managing the activities of a Construction or Geotechnical materials laboratory (testing includes materials such as soils, aggregates, concrete, and asphalt). This includes ensuring that the laboratory testing services are conducted in a safe manner and consistent with company quality protocols, project requirements, and in a timely manner. Oversee or coordinate the training and utilization of laboratory staff. Oversee or coordinate the maintenance and cleanliness of the laboratory and testing equipment.Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that the testing services are accomplished consistent with Terracon’s quality protocol and in an orderly and efficient manner.
- Assists the Department Manager to ensure that laboratory personnel are properly trained, supervised and equipped with the necessary tools and equipment to ensure their personal safety in the office and laboratory.
- Coordinates the laboratory activities to ensure that the work is executed on time and in accordance with the client and project requirements and within company policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensures that laboratory processes and personnel adhere to the requirements of the company Quality program and the Construction Materials Quality Management System (QMS).
- Assists the Department Manager with overseeing calibration and maintenance of the laboratory equipment.
- Ensures the proper organization and appearance of the laboratory area for which he/she is responsible, including keeping the area and equipment clean and uncluttered.
- Coordinates the inter-departmental and inter-office activities of laboratory personnel with joint company efforts where necessary.
- Performs construction and geotechnical related laboratory testing.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year experience performing laboratory tests on construction and geotechnical materials.
- Certification by qualified national, regional or state authorities (ACI, NICET, DOT) or in-house certification is required in areas such as concrete, aggregates, soil and rock, or road and paving materials.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 4,000 employees in over 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Location/Region: Jacksonville, FL