Reports to: Foreman/Superintendent
Job Classification: Hourly
Brad Cole Construction Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.
Equipment operators will work under the direct supervision of the jobsite foreman, superintendent, and project manager. The equipment operator is responsible for operating equipment in a safe and effective manner. Equipment under this job description may include: trucks, excavators, dozers, scrapers, compactors, and tractors.
RESPONSIBILITIES & GENERAL JOB DUTIES:
- Operate equipment effectively and within the equipment’s operating capabilities to ensure deadlines of job are met.
- Perform daily equipment inspections and operator preventive maintenance checks. Report any malfunctions of equipment or problems to immediate supervisor.
- Maintain cleanliness inside cab of equipment.
- Ensure equipment is properly shut down and stored at the end of the shift.
- Maintain accurate logs and records
- Adhere to corporate safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner in order to minimize the risk of injury and property damage.
- Wear all company required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Wear seatbelts in all pieces of equipment at all times with no exceptions.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required by supervisor
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- This position requires working in the internal and external environment.
- This position requires a flexible work schedule; night and/or weekends may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must successfully pass written test on equipment and functionality and competency tests
- Must be able to wear mandatory Personal Protective Equipment including at a minimum: steel toed boots, safety vest, hard hat, eye protection, and hearing protection.
- Must possess knowledge of equipment and workplace safety.
- Must demonstrate skills in communications and teamwork.
- Must be able to lift, pull and manage heavy equipment and objects up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work outdoors in exposure to extreme heat and cold.
- Must be able to take company required precautions to be protected from irritants due to possible exposure to eye, nose and skin irritants
- Stress level may be increased due to schedule of work and demands of completing task safety and on time.
- Must be able to climb ladders and climb up to and into cabs on heavy equipment.
- Must be able to walk over uneven and broken ground.
Keywords: heavy equipment operator, equipment operator, construction equipment operator, laborer, construction worker, tradesman, tradesperson, journeyman, skilled worker, handyman, craftsman
- Per diem
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation Pay
Location/Region: Jacksonville, FL