Job DescriptionGeneral Responsibilities:
Conduct wetland and wildlife assessments based on federal, state and local regulations. Assist senior staff with wetland delineations, listed species surveys, and the preparation of applicable permit applications, and technical documents including proposals, reports and regulatory agency correspondence. Projects may include Phase I/II environmental site assessments, ecological and natural resource field surveys, and permitting.Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Proficient scientific professional responsible for conducting site testing and making recommendations for systems design on smaller projects of minimal complexity.
- Assist more senior scientists/engineers on large, more complex projects.
- Performs site visits, field observations and field data collection or assignments.
- May serve as team member and participate in meetings and communications with client pertaining to specific projects/tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or related science field and a minimum of 1 years’ related experience.
- Delineation experience preferred.
- Certification in field of expertise.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 4,000 employees in over 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Location/Region: Tallahassee, FL