Are you looking for a new opportunity and chance to grow your career?
We provide a great learning environment for Technicians with continuing education and hands-on training.
Motor Inn of Spirit Lake is now offering the opportunity for automotive technicians to qualify to own their own home with no down payment through our Roof for Wrenches program!
This program is exclusive to Motor Inn Auto Group and its technicians whom demonstrate the qualifications to own their own home.
New team members will be communicating with team members across our family of dealerships and directly with expert manufacturer engineers.
Team member positions are open for all skill levels.
* Quick Lube Technicians
* Entry-Level Service Technicians
* Import Technicians
* Experienced Service Technicians
* Master Service Technician
What We Offer
* Offering relocation support for qualified candidates!
* Up to $35/hour * Work 3-4 days, billing 40 hours and have the rest of the week off!
* Live, Work, Play in the Okoboji/ Iowa Great Lakes Area
* Medical and Dental
* Profit Sharing and Retirement Planning
* Paid time off and vacation
* Growth opportunities
* Paid Training
* Employee vehicle purchase plans
* Family owned and operated
* Long term job security
* Flexible Work Schedule
* Saturday Lunches
* Discounts on products and services
Technician Specific Benefits
* Shop equipped with the newest technology and equipment
* Uniforms provided
* Discounts on products and services
* Work environment OSHA certified to current Air Quality Standards
* Highly productive shop
* Career advancement opportunities, promote from within
* ASE and state inspection certification reimbursement and all training expenses paid to further your career
* Continued education, manufacturer hands on and web based training
* Clean and professional work environment
* Competitive wages
* Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership
* Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment
* Diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
* Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed. Providing an estimate of time needed for additional repairs
* Executing repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications
Quick Lube Technician Responsibilities
* Check and communicate oil level to teammates
* Ensure tire pressure for proper inflation
* Inspect and refill fluid levels as necessary
* Complete vehicle inspection
* Install a new oil drain plug and a new oil filter
* Clean and lubricate fittings as needed
* Providing excellent customer service keeping in mind that our customer’s perspective comes first.
Service Technician Responsibilities
* Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership.
* Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment.
* Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
* Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers are informed if any additional service is needed.
Provide an estimate of time needed for additional repairs.
* Execute repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications.
* Previous experience at an automotive dealership
* Strong understanding of the service drive
* Years of experience vary per position
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Dexterity, requiring a steady hand, excellent hand-eye coordination
* Mechanical and troubleshooting skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Basic computer competencies
* Positive, friendly attitude, along with a customer service mentality
* Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
* Team player with ability to collaborate with others effectively
* Ability to learn new technology, repair and service procedures and specifications
* Able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
* Valid driver's license and clean driving record
* Willing to submit to pre-employment drug screen and background check
We are an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We are committed to providing a safe, drug-free work environment.
Applicants must be willing to submit to a pre-employment background check and drug test.
Interested candidates must possess a valid driver's license and have a satisfactory driving record.
Location/Region: Spirit Lake, IA (51360)