Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.25 to $15.25 per hour
Location: 3940 Valley Gateway Blvd. Roanoke VA 24012
Great things are happening at Domino's Pizza, and we are looking for exceptional people who want to be part of the best pizza delivery company in the world! You will be responsible for taking orders, making pizzas, and giving the customer the best experience possible. You must have an outgoing personality, be efficient and energetic, and be willing to work in a fun and fast paced environment. At Domino's Pizza, we are searching for top candidates who are adaptable, self-motivated, and have passion for customer service and leadership! Learn and sharpen your business skills as a manager for Domino's Pizza by staffing your store, managing costs, and developing your team members all while in a fun and energetic environment.
Before you proceed – here are some specifics about what the job entails.
1. This is a full-time position. In most cases it would require 40-45 hours per week
2. It does include both day and night shifts during the week and on the weekend.
3. We will fully train you on the job.
4. We offer 2 weeks of paid time off per year.
5. We offer optional health insurance and supplemental (AFLAC) insurance.
6. We are currently accepting applications for all 17 of our locations, including those in the New River Valley, select locations in Roanoke, Wytheville, Princeton (WV), Bluefield, Marion, and our 2 new locations, Galax, and Pearisburg!
New River Valley Pizza is looking for exceptional store operators and leaders! As an Assistant Manager, you will be given the tools and training opportunities to grow your skills in both areas! Our initial training program lasts 6 weeks, where you will become product certified, and learn operational basics - like how to open and close the store, in addition to valuable leadership and business management skills.
The following are skills that are essential to your success in this role include but are not limited to -
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude
- Problem solving skills
- Critical thinking skills
New River Valley Pizza runs a standard criminal background check on all employees. Team Members will also need to provide a valid form of ID, as well as a social security card, or birth certificate for our records.
Those eligible to deliver as well will also have a motor vehicle history report is run prior to job offer, and every 6 months once employed. Drivers are not permitted to have more than 2 moving violations in 2 years, or 3 violations in 3 years, *in addition to other infractions, ask your hiring manager for more details. In addition - they will also be asked to provide proof of valid car insurance and up to date vehicle registration.
Position Requirements and Responsibilities:
As an Assistant Manager, you are responsible for everything that happens during your shift! YOU set the example. Meaning you must follow ALL policies and procedures - and expect the same from your crew. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following –
- Controlling costs, and overall store profitability.
- Inventory/ Product Management.
- Cash Management and Deposits.
- Customer relations.
- Staffing – Including Hiring and Interviewing
- Scheduling/ Forecasting Sales
- Adherence to Company and Corporate standards.
- Attendance & punctuality.
- Marketing/ Advertising.
- Basic Math & Accounting skills
- Including general job responsibilities for store team members
General job duties for all store team members include but are not limited to -
- Operate all equipment.
- Stock ingredients from delivery area to storage, work area, walk-in cooler.
- Prepare products to standards
- Receive and process telephone orders.
- Ability to communicate verbally with customers and co-workers to process orders both over the phone and in person.
- Take inventory and complete associated paperwork.
- Clean equipment and facility.
- Training provided on the job.
- Communication Skills Ability to comprehend and give correct written instructions.
- Essential Functions/Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately and quickly (may use calculator).
- Must be able to make correct monetary change.
- Verbal, writing, and telephone skills to take and process orders.
- Motor coordination between eyes and hands/fingers to rapidly and accurately make precise movements with speed.
- Ability to enter orders using a computer keyboard or touch screen.
- Ability to lift at least 40-50lbs.
Many of our team members began their careers as delivery drivers or CSR’s and today are successful Domino's franchise owners. From delivery driver to management, general manager to franchisee or Manager Corporate Operations, our organization offers a world of opportunity for growth!
Exposure to varying and sometimes adverse weather conditions when removing trash and performing other outside tasks. In-store temperatures range from 36 degrees in cooler to 90 degrees and above in some work areas. Sudden changes in temperature in work area and while outside. Potential fumes from food odors. Exposure to cornmeal dust. Cramped quarters including walk-in cooler. Hot surfaces/tools from oven up to 500 degrees or higher. Sharp edges and moving mechanical parts.
Location/Region: Salem, VA