POSITION: Learning Support Paraprofessional, Part Time $10.30 per hour
(This position is scheduled from 8:30 AM to 3:15 PM , Monday through Friday)
MAIN LOCATION: Oley Valley Elementary School,
SUPERVISOR: Paraprofessional Supervisor & Site Supervisor
- Follows all laws, regulations, rules and procedures, and complies with the instructions and/or directives from his/her supervisor(s).
- To assist students(s) to whom assigned in any physical tasks directed by supervisor.
- Provide academic reinforcement to students.
- Support the teacher on methods, materials and strategies for reinforcements on target children. The teacher will plan all lessons and be responsible for instruction.
- Aid teacher, when requested, in communication between home and school.
- Participate in on-going staff development.
- Communicate regularly with teachers as to student’s needs and progress.
- Assist in the educational and social development of students under the direction and guidance of the facilitator and classroom teachers.
- Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Plans for the students and monitor their progress.
- Support students with emotional or behavior concerns and assist them in developing appropriate social skills.
- Works primarily independently in applicable/assigned settings.
- Assists students in individualized and small group instruction, under the direction of the assigned teacher(s).
- Performs bus, lunchroom and playground responsibilities as assigned by the teacher(s).
- Treat all information about the school, teachers, children and their families as strictly confidential.
- Maintains professionalism regarding school affairs.
CRITICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must possess excellent skills in dealing with both students and staff members.
- Must consistently utilize excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Must pay attention to detail and consistently demonstrate sound problem solving skills.
- Is self-motivated and displays initiative.
- Must consistently display excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Is comfortable and proficient using computer-based programs.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to move about the work area to access materials, file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to travel to and from job-related locations as necessary.
- Must be able to withstand changes in environmental conditions inside and outside of the work facility, and to adapt to these changes.
- Must be able to attend evening meetings and events as necessary.
- Must be able to access all work areas and locations.
- Must be able to lift as required.
Information listed above is subject to change.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This position description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. Items may be added, modified or deleted (or the position itself) at any time as is deemed necessary. The employee in this position will be required to perform any other duties requested by his/her supervisor(s).
The position holder must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. It is the responsibility of the employee to inform the company of any and all reasonable accommodations that will be required.
Location/Region: New Berlinville, PA