Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams.
Over the last ten years, we’ve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 165 team members, and we’ve created an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work.
It is with that in mind that Hireology is seeking a demonstrated leader to build a new business unit that will drive incremental revenue and cash flow generation. The Senior Manager of Market Growth Strategy will be responsible for leading the process to enter and scale in new and existing markets. Specifically, this role will primarily focus on expanding our addressable footprint by validating emerging markets and guiding the growth trajectory for established markets. You will report to the VP of Corporate Development and collaborate across the organization to own and execute the market expansion process. You will have a unique opportunity to solve complex problems in collaboration with other business units to drive the growth agenda for Hireology.
As our Senior Manager of Market Growth Strategy, you'll be responsible for:
* Owning the Process* Own and iterative upon the market expansion process and supporting tools
* Drive alignment and decision making around strategy, requirements, and goals as it relates to achieving growth targets
* Assessing Markets* Accountable for identifying and inventorying the total universe of addressable markets and data points leveraging internal and external data (e.g., industry trends)
* Rigorously assess and prioritize those markets based on business analyses (e.g., SWOT, TAM review) based on quantitative and qualitative criteria
* Propose and select markets to test for further evaluation
* Testing Markets* Leveraging a team of market expansion representatives, conduct objective field research (i.e., via sales activity) to continue to assess feasibility, desirability, viability of the market
* Develop financial and operational projections of addressable markets based on validation activity
* Provide clarity to the business on the strategic requirements in order to enter and gain share in those markets
* Guiding Market Entry, Growth, and Optimization* Deliver a playbook to business units to enter markets and enable a smooth transition from the emerging markets team
* Establish a mechanism to monitor growth trajectory of markets against expectations, key results against objectives, and report against them
* Leverage customer segmentation information, SaaS benchmarks (e.g., CAC/LTV) to drive discussions around channel optimization
* Team Management & Collaboration* Incubate and grow a team of market expansion representatives to continuously test markets
* Establish incentives, performance benchmarks and management processes for the team
* Stakeholder Communication* Develop a process to proactively and routinely communicate with key stakeholders regarding progress and outcomes from the team, and the market expansion process
* Become a thought partner for business unit leaders on vertical-specific needs
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role?
We have a pretty unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
* Results-Driven: Must have a proven record of driving results in high-growth companies and must have an inner drive to succeed
* Work Independently and with a Team: Some people work best individually and within a team.
The ideal candidate is a chameleon who can succeed both on their own and work within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* A Problem-Solver: You will not only be identifying barriers to success but creatively solving for those barriers in advance of them hindering our growth
* Communication: You need to be able to tell Hireology’s story in all types of arenas and audiences.
We need you to make sure people understand and embrace Hireology and your ability to effectively communicate in a large group setting is a major factor
* Builder: You’ll need to demonstrate your entrepreneurial abilities in leading Hireology to achieve our goals and vision
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified?
Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Senior Manager of Market Growth Strategy candidate.
* 3-6 years as a General Manager, Sales Manager, Market Expansion Manager, or related experience with entering and growing markets with P&L accountability
* 2-4 years of experience in Management Consulting, Venture Investing, Investment Banking, or related experience
* 2+ years of people leadership experience
* Excellent research and analytical skills with proven ability to independently access, mine internal (i.e., Looker, Salesforce) and external (i.e., IBIS, desk research), and interpret data to make or influence decisions with confidence
* Superior verbal and written communicator that ensures parties are aligned and has the tact to keep everyone accountable to themselves and each other
* Highly collaborative team leader who works effectively in a fast-paced, energetic, and results-driven environment\
* Background in SaaS and / or HR Tech preferred
* MBA preferred So what can you expect after you apply?
You will: * Take a brief true/false survey.
Be sure to check your email after submitting your application.
* Have a phone conversation with someone on our Recruiting team.
This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
* Have a phone conversation with our VP of Corporate Development.
* Meet with members of our Leadership Team.
* Give a case study presentation to various members of the team.
* Provide us with some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
* Speak with a member of our senior leadership team.
If you have made it this far, just be yourself, and everything will be fine.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Chicago, IL (60601)