Conduct the day-to-day operations of a clinical study in hypertension being conducted in federally qualified health centers (FQHCs). The Clinical Protocol Technician will recruit, screen, enroll, and follow study patients, ensuring protocol compliance, and effective monitoring of clinical trial subjects. The Clinical Protocol Technician is also responsible for all data collection and entry and adverse event reporting. They will also assist with coordinating all study activities with clinic staff, including administrators, providers, and other staff members.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to complete detailed assignments by assigned deadlines and to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent work ethic
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all work performed
- Proficient with Microsoft applications
Required Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, community health, clinical research, or other biology science area
- Experience working with patients in a clinical or hospital setting
- Strong familiarity with and ability to follow research clinical protocols
- Access to reliable transportation for regular travel between clinics
Compensation Information This position is assigned to pay grade B2.22. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA